Disney Fantasy Mt. Rustmore Leaving Castaway Cay The Aquaduck.

Friday, July 12, 2013

Our Disney Cruise, a Pipe Dream?

Disney Magic 2010

My family and I were sitting down to watch some t.v., and as we flipped thru the channels we landed on a show about the Disney Cruise Line. This was probably around the year 2005. Having been to Disney World several times and already having a severe love of Disney I thought this was the perfect show for us to watch.
At that time the family consisted of me, my husband, our 8 year old son, and two daughters age 6 and 2.
We sat down together and watched in awe...

as we saw images of the Magic and Wonder gliding across our screen. Everything looked “Disney Perfect”. The kid's clubs looked wonderful, the Adult areas looked positively relaxing, but the thing that caught everyone's attention was Animator's Palate. How could a whole restaurant change colors?  As the show ended my husband and I looked at each other knowing that after the kids were laid down for the night we would be booking a Disney Cruise.

I pulled up the website, then started clicking around. I found the perfect date, picked out a stateroom, got our destination all set up and then saw the price... it totaled up to right at 9,000. Seeing this price I knew I had clicked two staterooms by mistake, so I reloaded the page and went thru the exercise again. This time when I saw the total I actually had tears in my eyes, knowing that we would NEVER be able to afford this vacation. We were a young family with mounds of college debt. We didn't even have a house for goodness sake. We filed this dream in the “never gonna happen” folder.

Fast forward five years to 2010, the glorious Kids Sail Free, and what is about to be “Best Christmas Ever!”


No comments :

Post a Comment